8.23.2005

6:53-7:37PM 8.23.05

It'd binna long day by the time I got up there. Not quite sure what I done, but I'd had plenty of time to think about it. And when I wasn't thinkin' about what I wasn't quite sure I had done, I was thirsty. Not thirsty like a drunk, believe me.

Well - wait. It was the kind of thirsty you can only be when you are drunk and it's three AM and you're stuck-together-dry mouth is tired-a snorin' so it tells your brain to wake up and (f*ck the lights, you don't need 'em) get to the fridge and drink a whole bottle-a water, or orange juice, or whatevers in the fridge. That headache'll kill you, though, which is why I learned from a friend to keep room-temperature water around at all times.

It wasn't hot, but it sure wasn't a cool autumn breeze either. I wasn't sweatin', but I was definitely pickin' up and flappin' the front of my shirt. Never let 'em see you sweat. Way off, the trees were blowin', but I got the feelin' that their tops'd be swayin' regardless, and I was higher up then them, and I didn't feel a damn thing.

Lookin' down at the city some, but mostly out west. Had to keep a hand over the sun sun 'til right before it went down, owin' to there not bein' any clouds-a substance out there. We gotta nice perch, but the powerlines to the barn get in your way, so you gotta walk down and then there's more powerlines, and before you know it, you're right up onna bush and then you gotta stand on the picnic tables, which, believe me, is a dicey venture at best.

But then it's real nice. Just you, and the sun, and the clouds on your left, and the clouds on your right. I had my cellphone out, braggin', naturally, and I started takin ' some pictures. I like this one on the right here a whole lot.

No comments: