12.14.2005

Nothing Says 'Merry Christmas' Like Flagrantly Copying Brilliant Ideas

I don't care what kind of lawyers he has, I'm suing Ben Bradlee's corpse.

The following is a headline featured in a Most Recently Viewed Articles sidebar in the Arts & Living section of The Washington Post's website, which, up until 7 minutes ago, I was going to buy a lifetime subscription to:

"Cookie Mania Starts Right Here"

Cookiemania?

What am I to expect? A Sports Section supplement on this year's top first year players in the NBA? A published directory of gentlemen with whom one can place a sporting wager? A 7-page pullout tribute to that which Fred Durst...well...does whatever the f*ck it is that he does it all for?

They may have a better staff, building, business model, pension fund, team of security gaurds, and bathroom supply purchaser that I do, but my advice column is tops.

Right, Trey?

Never mind.

No comments: