11.28.2007

Why I Can't Stop Writing About Sean Taylor

I was reminded by a very good friend today about this:
Come back Sean Taylor,
I won't survive another
Six and ten season.
In the earliest days of this publication, Sean Taylor was facing the gun charges that have been the media's starch in their coverage of his demise. My favorite version of the story is this:

Drug dealer stole Sean's ATVs. He went to the drug dealer's house and demanded the vehicles be returned. Dude pulls a piece out on my man, who takes it, sticks in dude's ass and threatens to pull the trigger 'til it goes click. ST pistol whips the dude and leaves the gun at the scene. His SUV is later riddled with bullets by unidentified assailants. He surrenders to the police the next day and immediately wins the media's " unquestionavble scariest black man on Earth"
crown. He later plead guilty to beating the dude up and went to kindergarten to teach inner city youth how to win fights.

Loved to tell that one. Until today I realized it was probably those dudes who killed him. I've decided that from this day forward to ask myself, before every decision I make, "What Would Sean Taylor Do? (WWSTD)"

And do the exact opposite. Most of the time. At least when I'm in the hood.

BTW - The Redskins went 10-6 the season after I wrote that.