7.25.2005

Trey's Corner

Dear Trey,

Is the (Charlottesville Pavilion) going to be finished by wednesday or what?

-Concerned Charlottesville Citizen




Dear CCC,

I'm assuming that by "what?" you actually mean "am I going to have to come all the way down there and drive the f*cking crane myself?"

The truly interesting word in your query is "finished". From what I understand, the Pavilion is going to be un-finished by most standards for the entire rest of 2005. The will be no bathrooms, only porta-potties. No seats will be anchored anchored in to the ground; only folding chairs, which I assume the people paying $350 to sit close to Lorretta Lynn will get to keep, will provide rest for the under-the-big-tent weary.

As of today, there is no grass or sod, meaning there is no lawn-seating. The final piece of the covering for the Pavilion, which was torn in half two weeks ago, will not be ready by Wednesday for Karl Denson, so you'd better hope it doesn't rain.

I have a bad feeling about it, though...

Have a question for Trey? Send your burning questions to asktrey@gmail.com

No comments: