5.16.2005

May 16th: Who Knew?

So...Turns out that May 16th is a pretty big f*cking day in the grand schema, wooksters. First:

Happy 45th birthday Motown

Thank you, Berry Gordy.

Thank you for being the Jackie Robinson of the music business. (Ed. note - As I say that, it's important to note that JR should be remembered not just for being the first black ballplayer in the major leagues, but for having a .311 career average, never striking out more than 40 times in a season, and slugging over .400 all but once in his 10 year career - in short, one of the greastest ballplayers of all times)

Thank you for Diana Ross & The Supremes, Stevie Wonder, The Jackson 5, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, The Four Tops, Rick James, and Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

Thank you for What's Going On, Tears of a Clown, My Girl, ABC, Superfreak, My World Is Empty (Without You, Babe), Whiter Shade of Pale, Bernadette, Tracks of My Tears, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (Jackson 5 version - you've gotta check it out) Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours), Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Papa Was a Rolling Stone, Mercy, Mercy Me (The Ecology), I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight & The Pips), I Want You Back, Love Child, Stop! In The Name of Love, War, (Reach Out) I'll Be There, Let's Get It On and any other song that I may have used to trivia the f*ck out of Charlottesville, conjure up a romantic moment, or divert for a moment and dance. One must remember: Wookies are excellent dancers.


More Happy Birthdays and Anniversarys to come, folks. It really is one hell of a day...

No comments: