6.15.2005

The Golden Ticket or Episode III - Redemption of the Graham'd

"If revenge is a dish best served cold, I've got to know, Martha: How long should I leave my redemption in the oven?"

Well, first you must remember that things happen for a reason. Things like betrayal at the hands of a former drummer who smeared your colorful narrative all over the pages of a once-struggling local weekly newspaper. That article turned out to be a big hit and helped improve circulation for the paper.

My ire over that incident, until now manifesting itself as a poorly-told story with watermelon-sized holes, has become "a taught, well-cited must-read for the 2005 summer blockbuster season"- USA TODAY. It also made me read and re-read the article that James Graham wrote three years ago, and it's really good. This wookie would like to write like that some day.

I also got a chance this morning to shake Brian Fox's hand as his first customer at his new store. This meant a good deal to me, as I always thought of Brian as an excellent boss to all of his employees, and I don't think that sentiment came across in The Hook in 2002. Bodo's is a fantastic place to eat and to work, and I am still close with a good deal of the staff to this day, becuase of that.

As I was leaving, I looked for my camp-out gear, which Brian told me was out back. Next to the trash. Where he had put it. We got a good picture together for the paper. We even answered a couple questions. Together.

So, now, I will bury the phrase.

After saying it one last time.

F*ck you, James Graham.

THE END

Congratulations to Brian Fox and everyone at the Corner Bodo's. Except for those chump-assed members of the staff who await a most vengeful and purient demolishment this fall in Football Frenzy IV.

No comments: